Use one of the links below to update your already installed Sail Tax-IL software.
Also use one of the links below to do a new install of Sail Tax-IL.
1. When you click on the link below to Install or Download Sail Tax-IL for Windows versions. You will be prompted for your User Name and Password. These were included in the email we recently sent to you. Your User Name is your phone number without the area code. The phone number 847-458-5740 would be entered as 458-5740 (include the dash).
2. Your Password is the Sail Tax-IL for Windows serial number you received on the label on the sleeve that the original CD came in. The serial number looks like a phone number. If your serial number is 123-4567, enter it exactly as it shows including the dash. (This password and your user name were also sent via email when this update was released.)
3. Click on the link below to get the Update or do a Full Install:
This version released 11/10/2015
The link below is the install for liability periods beginning October 1, 2015 –with eFiling (and paper returns.)
Install or download Sail Tax-IL for Windows with eFile version 2.902 <<<Use for Sail Tax update or new install
Version 2.90.2 updates rate change for non-Chicago E911 rate.
Now 3% as of 10/1/15 liability.
Version 2.9 installs new rates/dates for July 2015.
Version 2.82 fixes rare rounding issue on ST-14 eFiles and
client transmittal issues when multi-location and ST-8 return.
Version 2.81 fixes issue where ST-4, ST-8, and ST-14 eFiles
were being rejected if the ST-1 had a credit due.
Version 2.8 installs new rates/dates for 2015. Also, included
is eFiling capability for ST-4, ST-8, and ST-14. For clients
who you have set to eFile and also have an ST-4, 8, or 14,
you will see the those returns being received by IDOR when
you eFile. You will also get a separate ACK / Confirmation
for each (including Debit if the client is set to include payment.)
Version 2.70.2 updates rate change for Chicago E911 rate.
Now 9% as of 10/1/14 liability.
2.7.1 fixes rate for
installation for locked-down computers and computers with
Version 2.7 installs new rates effective 7/1/14, fix for
“Get ACKs” when multiple ACKs are being received,
and all fixes in prior versions.
Note: If using Windows 8, uninstall Sail Tax before
Installing Sail Tax version 2.7
Version 2.67 installs fix for efile rejects for rare situations
rounding differences involving returns with ST-4, ST-14
and additional home rule.
Version 2.66 installs fix for efile rejects for gasohol deduction
rounding differences on ST-2 type returns and stops voucher
printing when client set to Paper Return and PDF return
Version 2.64 update notes:
Version 2.64 installs fix for systems running Windows 8
where Adobe Reader could not find the PDF return.
Version 2.63 update notes:
Version 2.63 installs fix for automation error when printing
(and efiling) returns using PDF printing (selected in Settings.)
Version 2.62 update notes:
Version 2.62 installs 2.6 and fixes minor rounding issues
for new IDOR version 2.0 efile error checking that were
causing a small number of rejects. Has better handling
of changing data path in settings.
Version 2.6 update notes:
1) Version 2.6 installs new rates effective 1/1/2014.
2) Returns where quarter-monthly payments exceed the month
liability (negative amount due) can now be efiled.
3) New Help links on Help pull-down menu.
4) Complies with new IDOR version 2.0 efile specifications.
Version 2.5 update notes:
1) Version 2.5 installs new rates effective 7/1/13. See
IDOR bulletin FY 2013-15 for information on Business
District rate changes you may need to make in Sail Tax.
2) PDF printing is now included in Sail Tax.
Notes on PDF:
a. If you aren’t having any issues printing returns
in Sail Tax, you don’t need to change anything and Sail
Tax will print returns using PCL as it always has. Archived
Returns will be created as PDF files.
b. Changing to PDF return printing. If you have
been having issues printing returns or you want to print to a
printer that doesn’t have PCL you can change to PDF return
printing. In Sail Tax, click on Settings. You will see a new
option group named “Print Returns Using:” where you can
click on the “PDF Printing” button.
c. Using PDF return printing. When completed PDF
forms show on screen, click on the printer icon to print the
tax form(s). On the print options screen, set the Page
Scaling to “None” or “Actual Size”. If you can’t see the scan
line at the bottom of the printed ST-1, you will have to set the
Page Scaling to “Shrink to Fit” or “Fit”.
d. IDOR requires that paper sales tax forms for
submission be printed on a laser printer with non-magnetic
toner. File copies can be printed to any printer using PDF.
e. Sail Tax cannot print duplex (2-sided) PDF’s.
Two page ST-1’s are perfectly acceptable to submit to IDOR
(assuming the taxpayer is not required to efile.)
f. The PCL or PDF setting in Sail Tax is per each
computer. If you have multiple computers sharing data on
a network, you can have some using PCL and some using
PDF to print returns.
(Version 2.51 fixes installation of PDF components which
was an issue on some computers.)
The link just below is Instructions for eFiling and links to IDOR forms to enroll in eFiling.
General Update Notes:
1. Depending on your browser version, keep picking Open and/or Run to install right from our web site. -OR- Save the file “setup-Sail-???.exe” (??? will be the version number you clicked on.) to your disk and install from where you saved the file by clicking Start, then Run or by double clicking on the file in My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. If you have any kind of high speed internet connection (DSL, cable, etc.), it’s easiest to just Open/Run the file to install the update right from the web site.
3. This will update your existing Sail Tax–IL for Windows program or install the entire Sail Tax–IL for Windows program; whichever is required. The installation program will determine which is needed.
4. If you run Sail Tax-IL on a network, install the update to each workstation that uses Sail Tax-IL. Do not change any of the defaults for where parts of the program are to be installed. (Let it install everything to C:) If you are sharing data on a network drive, the install will retain the correct data path even though you chose to install everything on C:
5. This update will retain all of your settings info (data path, preparer info, etc.)
6. Call or email us if you need help!
The link below will allow a technician to take over your system for support issues.
Start Remote Support *** You must be on the phone with us before clicking this button.
Software Solutions, Inc.
(847) 458-5740 or (800) 963-1212
Back to INSTANT Software Solutions Home Page.